Battery-powered Wireless M-BUS Repeater
ISM module 868 MHz
The AMB8627-M-RP2 is a battery powered unidirectional repeater according to the EN 13757 Wireless M-BUS standard. It is suitable for environments needing range extension in order to reduce the amount of Smart Meter Gateways in the meter reading network. Repeating of OMS frames is supported
- Wireless M-BUS according to EN 13757
- S, T or C- Mode adjustable
- Intelligent repeating algorithm
- Channel access through LBT algorithm
- High-precision Real Time Clock (RTC)
- Range up to 2000 m
- Dimensions: 154 x 84 x 56 mm
- Integrated antenna
- Battery lifetime up to 2.5 years, up to 5 years with
- two battery packs (60 minutes active per day)
- Optional: Multi-hop capability.
To achieve acceptable battery lifetimes this repeater is active for 30, 45 or 60 minutes per day. This is sufficient to achieve a day based meter readout scenario.
Times for starting the active period can be configured by the customer.
The device supports own alive RF frames for network maintenance issues. Those frames contain a timestamp (Type F) as well as an Operating Time counter for battery lifetime estimation. It supports an installation mode where alive frames will be send once per minute whereas in the active mode the alive frame will be send every 5 minutes.